Thursday, November 02, 2006

Traveling to Chicago with the Band!

This past weekend I joined PJ Summers and the Simplified band to play a few places. We started with a retreat in Oregon, Illinois. The retreat featured 75+ youth from a church in Wheaton, IL. Then we traveled to the suburbs of Chicago to lead worship on a Sunday night at the drummer's home church! What a blessing to serve the church and lead them in worship Sunday night! I also had time on Monday to make a much needed visit to the Venezuelan Consulate in Chicago. I spent some time talking to the lady that issues visas there in the office. There is a new application that I have to fill out and submit along with a contract that I need to get from my team in Venezuela. I was glad to finally find this out so I can get started on hopefully the last pieces of paperwork I will need for this visa! Please keep the visa situation in prayer. We are one step closer on the process, but not done yet!
All to the Glory of God,
Matt Johnson

1 comment:

Nirebiblechica said...

Greetings Matt Johnson! I'm glad to hear that progress is being made on your visa paperwork, and I pray for your continued patience and faith that God has control, and that He will provide for you and your mission. As for the work you're doing now, I've only heard good things from Chatham-goers; yet there's been no sign of MJ at Rochester-or should I say, Mr. Johnson?
Whatever your title, God will surely use your humble spirit to witness to the nations. Thank You for being such an example-setting Christian. Your heart for Christ is inspiring and you've really encouraged me in my walk and the path I feel God has set for me. May God bless you in your every undertaking! Your sister in Christ, Erin (Stamper) Kirkpatrick.