Saturday, February 24, 2007

Final Touches

It is hard to believe that a year and a half after applying to go full time with Team Expansion I will be leaving for the field. I have a few finishing touches to put on some things before I leave. Health Insurance paperwork must be filed, plane tickets bought, and I have to decide what I am going to do about Social Security. These are some of the things you never think about when going in to missions. There are others like: who will be included in my living will, what kind of life insurance do I want on the field, who gets power of attorney in case something were to happen to me? However, all of the paperwork must get filled out before I can begin to serve overseas. Well, I can't tell you how excited I am especially since my departure date is now just less than a month away! I hope to say formal goodbyes in person to as many of you as possible. Please continue to pray for me when I reach the field as I will need your prayers more than ever. We are in this together. And in the end, may God receive all the glory!!

Matt Johnson

No comments: