Thursday, March 29, 2007

Certifiably Healthy!!


Driving in Venezuela is much different in the US. Yes, they do drive on the right side of the road, but the rules of the road down here seem to be merely suggestions. Though they aren't as stringent on rules, you do have to have two different licenses to drive here. I received one of these today. I can drive on my US license for the first 3 months upon entry. After that I will have to apply for a Venezuelan drivers license. The other form you need is called a Certificado Medico. This certifies that you are healthy enough to drive a vehicle. The test consists of: blood pressure being taken, reading a few lines from an eye chart, and the doctor listening to your heart beat. I was pretty excited I passed, though outside of being in a coma, it is difficult to fail the test. I don't think the doctor administering the test would have passed himself. When I walked in to the room, I had a ball point pen stuck in my hat by my ear. This keeps the pen accessible in case I have to write or sign anything. The doctor asked me if this was a special microphone for my hands free cell phone. I said, "Nope, just a pen." I think he would have had a hard time reading the lines on the eye chart! Well, the prayer time was wonderful last night! Tonight we have two small groups I will be leading worship for!

God Bless,
Matt Johnson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The old fake pen video camera trick, nice. Did he ask if your shoe was a phone also? Well take luck. - Nev

Anonymous said...

Can you please explain why you are trying to convert a Christian country to Christianity?