Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cleveland Ohio and Louisville Kentucky!


This past weekend was dedicated to spending time with my forwarding agents in Cuyahoga Falls and my exit interview (or "PDI") with Team Expansion. (The picture above is the proverbial "Cuyahoga Fall". Yeah, it's man made, but still more impressive than Springfield Falls here in Illinois...) Thursday through Monday morning I was in Cuyahoga Falls with Jonathan and Jen hanging out, watching movies, playing Settlers of Catan, and making sure we were on the same page as far as missions stuff goes. It was good to see them once more before I leave. They play such a huge role in my ministry. It is so great to have your best friend as your forwarding agent. It is good to know that someone who is 100% behind my ministry is handling my finances. Well, enough buttering up the Claytors... Tuesday I was at International Services (IS) in Louisville all day. I spent the day in meetings with all sorts of different members of IS. They are the support staff here in the States serving all 300+ Team Expansion missionaries on the field. They are also a huge part of my ministry. They have made my transition to the field pretty painless. I can't thank them enough. It is hard to believe that I am leaving in just over a week. I am having all of these crazy emotional swings. One minute I am extremely excited, the next nervous. However, I know this is where God wants me right now, and that gives all of this an underlying sense of Peace!! Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers and support. Please pray for safe travel next Friday as I fly to the field! I look forward to sharing all God will be accomplishing through me as I minister to the people there!
All for God's Glory,

Matt Johnson

1 comment:

Brett and Kristin said...

Matt - You will be in our prayers! May God keep you and protect you. Let us know when you arrive safely. Also, tell Hugo "wassssuuuuupp!" from America!